Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Typical Day in the Fibrohood...

So, I got a canned juice out of the refrigerator, and then stared at it. I still knew that there was juice inside. I knew I wanted to drink the juice. I stared at the top of the can, and knew that I needed to do something with the metal tab thing that was sort of shaped like an 8. But I could not remember what it was that I was supposed to do with that tab thing in order to be able to drink that juice.

This is a perfect illustration of Fibro-Fog. The brain disconnects a memory that should be second nature. One of the more common ones involves me standing at a door holding a key and wondering how that funny little metal thing can help me get to the other side of where the door is. Not to mention the names of people I have known for years...

2 comments:

  1. More of a question. Does it affect your driving? Could be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't get behind the wheel if I feel like I can't. With not having to drive to work any more, I don't have to get up way early to make sure I have control of all limbs. And now that it's snowy, I don't even have to worry about looking too weird attempting to walk to work when not all the connections are right -- I walk about the same as everyone else!

    ReplyDelete