Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Icy Roads and Driving...

So, my current assignment with the Anchorage School District is 27+ miles away, and I can usually drive it in 30 minutes since all but 13 blocks is Highway. During the winter, that's usually more like 40-45, no problem. My doctor doesn't like me driving more than 30 minutes at a pop, but the 40 or so is not too bad. Yesterday, with the lovely freezing rain we had all night, 90 minutes. And then about 7 minutes before I could get out of my Jeep, since my left leg was seized up, stuck in position to operate the clutch. The drive home was only 60 minutes, but I was still hurting from the morning drive. It took almost 10 minutes to get out of the Jeep then, what with the same leg problem and not being able to get my left hand off the steering wheel, so I could not remove my seat belt...

Never fear, school was canceled today AND tomorrow, making Thanksgiving a six day weekend!

Wheeeeeeeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment