Thursday, January 4, 2018

Gentle Reminder...

I got a couple of reminders today about how much better I do when I find the humor in my situations. It's true that sometimes pain is not funny. Okay, pain itself is very seldom funny. But the ways I experience it still can be. And I do have a warped enough sense of humor that I should be playing to that more often. 

Feeling like I've got a compound fracture in my right leg? Not funny. Imagining showing a compound fracture in my right leg to the lady in front of me in the express checkstand with her 30-some items, asking if maybe I could go ahead of her with my three so that I can get to the Emergency Room a little faster? Imagining the look on her face? Okay, that's kind of funny...

So, take my fibro... please!

No comments:

Post a Comment