Sunday, March 20, 2022

A Day That Will Live In Infamy

 Well, it wasn't really THAT bad...

Monday, while teaching, I had a minor seizure, mostly the right leg and arm. 

But here's the thing: it lasted for almost an hour. The longest I've experienced before (not counting the diagnostic exams) were in the 20 minute range. I'm supposed to time the long ones, which is always a little tricky since I don't know they are going to be long when they start. This one was a little easier in that respect. I was showing a 58 minute compilation film of floats from Carnival in Rio. I started seizing somewhere in the first minute or two. I stopped seizing about a minute before the film ended. 

It never turned Grand Mal. It only spread to the left leg for a few minutes, twice total. Honestly, I don't think anyone noticed it. But it went on for so long. And I was still sore from it Tuesday morning. 

Here's hoping never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment