Thursday, August 1, 2013

5-3/4 out of 6

That's where I am right now... on the pain scale. 6 is completely incapacitated and/or dead. 3-1/2 to 4 is pretty normal for me. 5 happens pretty frequently. 2 happens rarely. 

I suppose to be fair I am closer to 5-5/8, except I don't deal in eighths. I can still function with a keyboard. I think I can proofread.  I can open the refrigerator, and stare at several things that I can't prepare or open, and a few I can. But walking is pure agony. Sitting, not much better. Standing still works for a few seconds. Reclining works for several minutes, but then my feet start throbbing and my back goes on revolt. Oh, and any variation of holding up my head is torturous, but putting it on/against anything accentuates the pain.

So, am I missing something obvious here? Is there something I could be doing that does not hurt? Bleh...

No comments:

Post a Comment