Monday, August 15, 2011

And We're Off...

School starts tomorrow for the kiddos. Whew...

I am indeed at the same school, with the same commute. However, when I showed up last Wednesday, my principal called me into her office and said she had reassigned me -- again -- and hoped I would be okay with the challenging new job she had in mind for me. Long story short, I am finally classified as a Social Studies teacher within the district, which is my primary certification with the state, but the hardest department to break into in Anchorage. And the challenging part? I will have a block class set up for two periods in a row with our school's eleven English Language Learners -- what used to be called ESL/English as a Second Language students. I will be their English and Social Studies teacher, and can flex the lessons each day in whichever direction I feel is helping them the most. I'm very excited and a bit scared all at the same time! 

So as long as the body holds up, the mind should be very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment